In-Network Insurance

Compassion Family Dentistry is able to bill most insurance companies for our work.  We are contracted with several insurance companies making us a preferred provider thus lowering your cost.  Even if we are not “in-network” with your particular insurance company, our service is worth it.  Below is a list of our current PPO or “in-network” insurance companies, and the best way to be sure is to call our front office and have them check for you.  When calling, please have the following information handy:

• Insurance Company

• Plan Name

• Group #

• Member #

• If others in your family are part of the plan, we can check on them as well.

Dental Insurance Basics

Dental insurances usually cover preventive services at 100%.  For “minor” services they usually cover 80%, leaving the patient to pay 20% out of pocket co-pay.  For “major” work the coverage is 50% with a co-pay of 50%.  Sometimes there is a deductible the patient needs to pay for non-preventive services.  Some plans (initially,) have a waiting period for major work, leaving the patient to wait a year for the 50% major coverage.  Finally, there is a maximum amount the insurance will pay per year, and it is usually $1000-2000, which usually renews each calendar year.

Preventive, Minor and Major services:

Preventive Services-usually 100% ins coverage: These would include regular cleanings, exams, x-rays, and several limited exams.

Minor Services-usually 80/20 ins/copay: These would include fillings, root canals (usually,) Scaling/Root Planing (“deep cleanings,)

Major Services: These types of services usually include crowns, implants, partials, and dentures.

“Dr. Barnum was a pleasure to work with. He helped provide me with a painless and stress-free dental experience. I love the care and obvious attention I receive when I am at Compassion. Thank you  Dr. Barnum!”

Shelli E., Gladstone, OR

Compassion Dentistry

2025 SE Washington St
Milwaukie, OR 97222
503-654-2101

Contact Us

15 + 12 =

 

logo-01

2025 SE Washington St
Milwaukie, OR 97222
503-654-2101
Directions

M-Th: 8am-5pm
Fri-Sat: By Appointment Only